Anzac Biscuits – Wheat and refined sugar free
Do you want a healthier Anzac biscuit option for Anzac day? Then look no further. With no refined sugar this is a better option than buying a pack in the shops. I am not saying this is super healthy as it still has natural sugars in them, however if you really feel like dunking an Anzac biccy in your tea this Anzac day then this is by far the best choice and super tasty.
For those of you that are really gluten sensitive and can’t eat oats there are some Gluten free Anzac recipes on chompchomp.com
Ingredients and directions
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia (I find this a little too sweet however others really like the sweetness, I would play around with amount for desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 2 tbsp of hot water
1) Preheat the oven to 160.
2) Combine oats, coconut flour, shredded coconut, stevia, cinnamon in a bowl and mix till combined. 3) Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture with the rice malt syrup.
4) Add dissolved bicarbonate of soda and vanilla essence and mix till combined.
5) Make small balls out of the mixture. It will be fairly crumbly but it should stick together once you start forming a ball in your hand. Squash into a patty shape and then place on a greased baking tray.
6) Cook for 10-15 mins or until golden. They will still be fairly squishy so allow them to cool and harden before removing from the tray.
Enjoy and let me know if you try them out this weekend.
Have a lovely Anzac day for all those in OZ and NZ.
#fitnessfaster #fitness_faster @fitnessfaster #anzacbiscuits #healthyanzacbiscuits