- 1/2 Bunch of Red Kale
- 1/2 Bunch of Green Kale
- Handful of Parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 raw beetroots, peeled and grated.
- 1/4 pumpkin (roasted)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Sprig of Rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks and place on a baking tray and cook at 180 degrees for 15 mins or until cooked through.
- Pine nuts can be placed in the baking tray during the last 5-10 mins of pumpkin cooking, to lightly toast them.
- Meanwhile strip the Kale leaves off the tough stalks and finely chop.
- Place the Kale into a non stick frying pan and quickly stir until leaves turns bright green. Then place in a bowl and put in the fridge to cool.
- In the meantime make the dressing by combining all the ingredients and then rub it into the Kale.
- When the pumpkin has cooled, cut off the skin and combine with the grated beetroot, chopped parsley, pine nuts and kale.
- Serve and enjoy
An even healthier way of getting Kale, is to grow it yourself. Click here for more info on how to grow Kale and how to keep your Kale pest free (it’s a great UK site, so don’t plant in May in Oz!)
If you like this recipe please leave me a message and let me. If you have any other gorgeous salads that are your favourite them please let me know. I always like adding more recipes to my repertoire.