This Mediterranean Muffin recipe is a much better option that your typical toast or cereal for breakfast, which can be quite a boring start to your day. Let’s make your breakfast healthier and filling to satisfy pre-lunch cravings. Quickest Mediterranean Muffin recipe to make and also quick to eat as its a good option when eating breakfast on the run.
Mediterranean Muffin Recipe:
You can prepare 5 muffins with this easy-to-cook Mediterranean Muffin recipe. You can eat 1-2 for breakfast, save 2 for snacks and freeze the rest for future snacks or breakfast.
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ grated zucchini or 1 small one
- ½ cup chopped semi-sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced ham
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp pepitas
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Whisk the eggs and then add the zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, ham, apple cider vinegar, and half of the pepitas and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients, mix well and then place in a baking tin lined with baking paper or Muffin Tins. Sprinkle the remainder of the pepitas on top
- Place in oven for 30-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool
- If you want to save some for later, then pre-slice and freeze. Toasting it with some butter or coconut butter makes it more delicious
The Benefits Associated with Mediterranean Food:
- The Mediterranean diet is widely known to be great food for your heart health
- A Mediterranean diet can reduce the risk of cancer
So your Muffins are now ready with a Mediterranean twist. You can store these muffins in your fridge for about 2 to 3 days or freeze them for future days. For more such healthy meals and recipes, keep reading Fitness Faster.