Are you looking for a thick hot bowl of tasty Pumpkin soup? Here is the easiest Pumpkin & Chickpea soup recipe along with several health benefits.
Benefits of Pumpkin Soup:
- Full of nutrients
- Pumpkins contain antioxidants which neutralize free radicals, preventing them from damaging your cells
- Contains immunity booster vitamins
- Provides Vitamin A which strengthens eyesight as your body ages
- Being a nutrient-dense food it can help with weight loss
Quick Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup Recipe.
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 200g Chickpeas, ¾ mashed with a fork, leave ¼ whole for decoration.
1.Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2.Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
3.Add the coriander and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
4.Add the stock and pumpkin bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins or until the pumpkin is soft.
5.Either mash the pumpkin with a masher or place in a blender if you would prefer a smoother soup.
6.Return to the saucepan (if you chose to use the blender)
7.Crush ¾ of the chickpeas with a fork and add with the lemon juice, salt and Pepper to the
8.Serve with a topping of whole chickpeas and a garnish of coriander or greek yogurt (optional).
9.Save the rest either in fridge or freezer for another time.
Your pumpkin and chickpea soup is ready to serve. You can also add other ingredients as per your preference. For more recipes keep following Fitness Faster.