Quinoa is packed with nutrients when cooked. Try out the following Quinoa, Millet, or Oat Porridge recipe, its a healthy and delicious breakfast option to begin your day with. A variety of nutrients present in Quinoa include folate, magnesium, zinc, and iron. So why not try Quinoa for breakfast?
Benefits of Quinoa
- Protection of cells with the help of plant compounds present in Quinoa
- Intake of fibre contained in Quinoa improves the digestive system and can help improve constipation
- A great source of protein, Quinoa can help boost protein intake, good for veggies and vegans to add this.
The quickest Quinoa, Millet, or Oat Porridge recipe to kick your day off with a nutrition-rich breakfast.
- ½ cup quinoa or millet (rolled oats are ok if your digestive system can handle them)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup coconut milk or nut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds or chia seeds
- Serve with full cream plain or greek yogurt
- Soak Quinoa or millet overnight if you can.
- Wash and rinse first before adding water and bringing it to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes (If cooking oats you can add milk and water at the same time, cook for 5 mins).
- Once water has soaked in, add the milk and simmer until the grains are the right consistency, not too runny and not too dry.
- Stir in the cinnamon, seeds and honey (if needed) and serve with a dollop of yogurt.
Millets and Quinoa have gained popularity in recent times due to the excellent natural source of fibre, magnesium, and antioxidants they provide. A great Gluten free breakfast option that can help to prevent bloating from gluten intolerance. For more healthy breakfast recipes keep reading Fitness Faster.