Stuffed peppers are a popular choice for dinner and can be super healthy. Try different fillings: vegetables, meat, or whole grains like quinoa. You can choose either orange, red, green, or yellow capsicum. Read below for an easy-to-cook Quinoa Stuffed Capsicum Recipe for a perfect dinner.
Consuming Stuffed Capsicum has plenty of Benefits:
- Improvement in Metabolism
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Helps maintain healthy eyesight
- Promotes good heart health
This easy-to-cook Quinoa Stuffed Capsicum recipe is a simple, flavourful, and protein-rich dinner.
- 2 large capsicums cut in half lengthways
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable/chicken stock or water. (Stock creates more flavor)
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- ½ fresh red chili, chopped or ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh flat parsley, chopped.
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tomato, finely diced.
- 40g crumbled feta or ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add quinoa and stock or water to a saucepan and bring to the boil, then allow to simmer until the liquid is absorbed. About 15-20 mins
- Meanwhile, cook the onion, garlic, chili, cumin and zucchini in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Combine with the quinoa, parsley, mint, tomatoes and cheese and stuff into the capsicums.
- Place capsicums on a baking tray and cover in foil. Cook for 15-20 mins.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15-20 mins or until the stuffing is golden.
- For a meat eater option the capsicums could be stuffed with Bolognese and quinoa.
Your quinoa stuffed capsicum rich in flavor, protein, fiber, and essential nutrients is ready to be served with your choice of side salad or veggies. This is also a great freezer meal and can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days. Keep following Fitness Faster and get access to more healthy and tasty recipes.