Egg Muffin Recipe
I always get asked for healthy snack or breakfast ideas, this egg muffin recipe is one that I would recommend.
A great alternative to sugar laden cereals and a filling snack during the day. It’s also a good option for nibbles at a BBQ or party.
Ingredients and Directions
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 8 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 100g diced ham or chicken (or any meat you choose)
- 50g Feta cheese, chopped (optional, if you want lower fat then leave this out)
- 10 beaten eggs (you may need more of less depending on size, add enough to cover all ingredients)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Other ingredients that could be added – Zucchini, tomatoes, yellow capsicum, brown onion, sunflower seeds and pepitas.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees
Beat the eggs and then add all ingredients to the bowl, stir until well mixed.
Place into mini muffin trays for snacks or a large round dish for a bigger meal
Place in oven for 10-15 mins for muffins and 15-30 mins for dish, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
Remove from tin or muffin tray.
Serve warm or cold.
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #healthysnacks #eggmuffins #healthybreakfast #frittata #healthyrecipe