One of the healthiest ways to cook and eat eggs which are incredibly nutritious is by poaching them. Sticking with the same scrambled eggs for years can be a terrible choice, thus spoiling the most important meal of the day. Eating poached eggs is significant because they curb hunger and help keep you satiated for hours. The creamy poached eggs and salty halloumi served on top of the sautéed green make your breakfast wonderful and delicious. Let’s go through the best Poached Eggs recipe with an incomparable blend of combinations.
Poached Eggs with Sautéed Greens, Asparagus, and Fried Halloumi Recipe
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of spinach or Chard or Kale or Cabbage or beans
- I shallot thinly sliced or half an onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 asparagus
- 3 thick slices of halloumi
- 5 chopped almonds
- Fresh lemon juice
- Boil enough water to cover a cracked egg in a shallow saucepan. Add the apple cider
vinegar. While waiting for the water to boil, start cooking the greens.
- When the water has come to a boil gently stir in one direction to create a whirlpool effect, crack
eggs separately into the water.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the outside has turned white.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft.
- Take the tough stalks off your greens and roughly chop the leaves, add them to the pan and cook
- Squeeze some lemon over the top and place on a plate to one side.
- Place the halloumi in the hot pan and turn the heat to medium high.
- Leave for a couple of minutes until the juice from the cheese has disappeared and a brown base
- Then flip the halloumi over and cook for 1 minute, it won’t need as long as the juice from the
cheese has already been released.
- Serve the eggs and halloumi on top of the sautéed greens and squeeze in some more lemon.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and season with salt and pepper.
And with the help of the above-mentioned Poached Eggs recipe with Sautéed Greens, Asparagus, and Fried Halloumi, your delicious yet easy breakfast or brunch is ready. For more crazy combinations filled with your favorite ingredients and richness of nutrition, keep reading Fitness Faster.