For a yummy chocolate snack that is healthy you can’t go wrong with these delicious Protein Balls.
To make this recipe super quick and easy I always make sure I have pumpkin puree in the freezer in lots of small batches.
To make pumpkin puree, place as much chopped pumpkin as you can into the oven, 180 degrees, for about 20-30 mins or until soft all the way through. Wait for it to cool and chop off the skin. Place in blender till smooth.
Before you start this recipe please add warm water to the dates below to give them time to soften (about 20-40 mins).
Ingredients and directions
- 1 cup mixed nuts (you can choose whichever nuts you like or combine them)
- 4 1/2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate protein shake (I use Poliquin Estrogenomics Chocolate, however you could use any brand or flavour of your choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Combine all the above ingredients in a blender to form the consistency you prefer (smooth or chunky). Then set aside.
- 1 1/2 cups of Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup of dates (soaked in just enough warm water to cover them)
When dates are soft, add the dates with water and pumpkin to a blender till smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients. If mixture is too wet add more protein powder or coconut flour. The mixture will need to be moist/sticky so that you can roll them into balls.
Refrigerate before eating to allow them to harden.
These can also be frozen.
Enjoy 🙂 and let me know how they taste on Facebook