Here’s a quick and easy Sweet potatoes and Turkey Burger recipe you can try for dinner. Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, vitamin A, and potassium, and they have a low glycemic index, which means they do not cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels after they are eaten. Similarly, Turkey burgers are a healthy alternative to beef burgers since they are a good source of protein and are lower in fat and calories than the latter. Turkey burgers can be made by combining ground turkey meat with herbs and spices, and shaping the mixture into patties.
Sweet Potatoes and Turkey Burgers Recipe
Ingredients you need:
- 250g free range turkey mince
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 free range egg
- ¼ cup of almond meal
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
Sweet potato bun or fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes either chopped and cooked into fries or potato rounds for a burger bun.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Heat oven to 200°C and cook the sweet potato accordingly depending on whether you have chosen fries or bun options.
- Turn on BBQ to Medium heat or
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly using your hands.
- Form the mixture into 2-3 patties.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve one portion of Burger with mixed salad greens and Sweet Potato (bun or fries) and save the other portion for lunch tomorrow.
Your healthy dinner for the night is ready. Both Sweet potatoes and Turkey Burger are high in nutrients and support heart health. For more recipes keep reading blogs at Fitness Faster.