Gained weight but don’t know why? Let’s talk Gut Health
Have you gained weight but don’t know why? Do you have a poor attention span and need caffeine at noon and again at 3pm to get you through your day? If this is you, then there is a big chance that your immune system is being challenged.
Our gut absorbs nutrients and is responsible for:
- The processing of hormones, vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Assimilating cholesterol, which we need to build hormones
- About 70% of our immune system
- Protecting us against bad bacteria (pathogens)
We all have a mucosal barrier in our intestines that forms a protective layer and selective filter. Without this protective layer we open our bodies up for chronic in ammation, food allergies, toxic overload and malnutrition.
What alters your protective mucosal barrier?
- Stress and emotions – are you starting to see a trend here!
- Low stomach acid and gut flora imbalance
- Toxic exposure
- Poor/inflammatory dietary choices
- Drug use such as antibiotics and NSAID’s
- Over training
Without a healthy mucus lining you have a strong chance of getting a leaky gut.
Signs that you may have a leaky gut:
- Foggy brain, fatigue and sluggishness
- Achey body and joints
- Weight gain
- Food Allergies – can contribute to autoimmune diseases such as thyroid problems
- Sleep problems
- Hormone, mood and immune imbalances
- Diarrhoea or irregular bowel movements, stomach ache/cramps and bloating
Ways you can help your gut:
- Pay attention to the foods you are eating and the side effects you get from them. Eliminate any foods that give you an undesired reaction. Without a blood test it is very dif cult to rule out each individual food but this is a good starting point.
- Take a good quality sh oil, this helps to improve gut integrity and reduce in ammation.
- Reduce your stress (see section on stress)
- Improve the micro ora in your gut with a good quality probiotic
- Avoid binge drinking
If you want to discuss your weight gain or lack of results then please call me on 0414 544944 or book in by emailing email@example.com
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #guthealth