Are you ready for a delicious weeknight dish? Follow this Snapper Skewers recipe served with Cauliflower Mash and Steamed Veg. Before going through the recipe let’s learn some healthy lifestyle benefits associated with Snapper Skewers.
- Prevent heart disease
- Strengthen bone mineral density
- Promotes weight management
- Boosts the health of your nervous system
- Aids in a healthy metabolism
Snapper Skewers with Cauliflower Mash and Steamed Veg Recipe
- 2 x 150g thick snapper filets, skinned
- ½ red onion cut in half and then into quarters.
- 1 large green capsicum cut into chunks the same size as the onion quarters.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups veg, e.g. Broccoli, green beans, asparagus, kale, red cabbage, sugar snap peas etc
- ½ Lemon cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.You will need to soak 4 Bamboo skewers in water for about an hour.
2.Steam cauliflower and veggies of your choice until soft. Place the onion and capsicum in the
Boil water for 1 minute to soften before adding to the skewers later.
3.Whilst veggies are steaming cut snapper into 8 chunks about 5 cm each and then thread 4
pieces onto the skewers alternating with 2 layers of onion chunks and 1 capsicum.
4.Brush with olive oil and grill on the BBQ or grill plate for about 3 minutes on each side, or until
5.Once cauliflower is cooked add to a hot pan with melted butter and mash until smooth. (For a
smother consistency blend with a blend stick).
6.Serve 1 skewer of fish on top of the bed of mash with steamed veg on the side and season with lemon, salt and pepper.
7.Eat one portion tonight and save the other portion for lunch tomorrow.
Enjoy the perfect blend of Steamed Veggies with Cauliflower Mash prepared with the easiest Snapper Skewers recipe and leverage the wide range benefits associated with the ingredients. For more such healthy dinner combinations keep reading Fitness Faster.