Eggs are a great high protein breakfast option. But have you ever tried making a Basil omelette? Is basil good in omelettes? Well yes! Try my easy Tomato and Basil Omelette recipe and start your day with a healthy and yummy breakfast.
Ingredients – Tomato and Basil Omelette recipe:
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp butter or coconut oil
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs basil, coarsely chopped
- ¼ red onion finely chopped.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, and onion and cook for 1 minute. Turn the heat down to medium and add the basil leaves.
- Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the frying pan, moving them around to spread them out evenly.
- When the top surface of the eggs is thickened and there is no visible running egg, use a spatula to flip half of the omelette over the other half, and once the bottom is golden slide the omelette of the pan and onto a plate.
And here is your scrumptious breakfast ready…