Kale, grapefruit pine nut and pumpkin seed salad
Such a healthy and beautiful salad for the summer. I made this recently for a friends BBQ and it was a massive hit.
Kale has so many health benefits as well as being delicious. Kale is loaded with compounds that are believed to have protective effects against cancer, as well as being high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is also fibre dense and makes you feel full, therefore helping with weight loss programmes.
- Bunch of Kale – thinly chopped and then sautéed in a wok or pan for a minute or until it turns bright green, then place in the fridge to cool.
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1/4 cup Sultanas
- 1/4/ cup Pepitas
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Coconut oil
- Feta to garnish
- Dash of Olive oil as a dressing
- Place the sautéed Kale in the fridge to cool before adding other ingredients
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry non stick pan then put to one side.
- Place a small the coconut oil in the pan and add the pepitas, once they have started to swell sprinkle the paprika over and mix. Put to one side.
- Peel and chop the grapefruit into small chunks, keeping any excess juice for the salad.
- Mix the grapefruit, sultanas and kale together and squeeze the juice of a lemon and residue grapefruit juice over the salad, leave to soak for about 30 mins in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, add the pine nuts and pepitas and sprinkle some feta and olive oil on top.
I do have other Kale salad variations, let me know if you would like me to put up the other recipes.
For more info on the health benefits of juicing Kale visit Health Ambition.
For more on the health benefits of Kale click here.
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #healthysalad #kalesalad