Winter Muesli Bar, Sugar Free
For a totally yummy, healthy and filling snack, try this winter muesli bar, which is also sugar free. There will be no sugar highs or crashes with this tasty bar unlike most conventional muesli bars that are loaded in hidden sugars.
- 3/4 cup Coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (Roast a batch of pumpkin then keep bags frozen for easy convenience)
- 2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds, chopped
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a square baking tray with baking paper
- Mix together nuts, chia seeds, oats and shredded coconut
- in a saucepan, melt the oil/butter, pumpkin puree and spices.
- Combine with dry mixture until well mixed.
- Push evenly into the baking tray and bake for 35-40 mins or until golden
- Remove from oven, cool, then slice.
If you want a sweeter option then add some dry fruit to the mixture or 1/2 cup of rice malt syrup (which also helps to bind it together a bit more) and reduce the coconut oil to 1/4 cup.
Enjoy, let me know if you try this out and what you think of it. Photos of your best bars are always good to see.
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #healthysnacks #mueslibar #sugarfree