What is it?
Biosignature (developed by Charles Poliquin) is a 12-site body fat test that can quickly and accurately allow me to determine the cause of fat in a specific area by comparing data from skinfold measurements against blood, urine and saliva tests.
As a trained Biosignature practitioner, I then develop a personalised program to help improve all areas of your life alongside reducing fat from problem areas commonly affected by imbalanced hormonal profile. These areas include over-representation of fat in the cheeks, chin, chest, triceps, shoulder blade, mid axillary, hip, stomach, thigh, hamstrings, knee and calf.
Hormones Biosignature looks at:
|Cortisol||Umbilical||Excessive fat gain in belly region, disrupted sleep pattern|
|Insulin||Suprailliac, Subscapular||Excessive fat gain in love handles and on the upper back|
|Estrogen||Quadraceps, Hamstrings||Excessive fat gain in hips and legs|
|Testosterone||Pectoral, Tricep||Androgen imbalance, accumulated fat in chest area for men|
|Growth Hormone||Knee, Calf||Reflects sleep patterns and overall fat loss|
|Thyroid||Mid-auxillary||Function of thyroid, accumulated fat 8 inches below armpit|
If you have tried multiple types of workout programs, diet changes and wellness products but nothing seems to make a difference to your problem areas, Biosignature may be the answer for you. Biosignature works to improve every aspect of your health and wellbeing through an extremely personalised nutrition, exercise, supplement program that is responsive to your exact biochemistry and lifestyle.
A healthy and balanced hormonal system is imperative to maintaining your best physical and mental health for the rest of your life. With Biosignature, you will:
- Learn techniques that will help you achieve fat loss and stay healthy, lean and strong for life
- Use your own hormonal profile to address imbalances in estrogen, testosterone, cortisol, and insulin that disproportionately affect the way your fat is distributed
- Create sustainable changes to diet/supplements, exercise, and lifestyle for your body
- Build lean muscle with a targeted exercise and nutritional program
- Correct hormone imbalances that may be affecting your sleep quality and your ability to handle ‘normal’ stress
- Increase your energy levels and libido and reduce depression by providing your body with what it needs on a neurological level
- Decrease your chances of developing insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduce the effects of the menopause
- Support the liver in its job as a detoxifier with a diet that won’t leave you feeling hungry or tired.
How quickly will I see results?
You will notice a difference within a week.
Weekly measurements will show you just how quickly your body will respond to the right program for you. You can expect to see some major changes with in 8-12 weeks. Of course this does depend on you, the more you put into it the more you will get out of it!
Do I need to take supplements?
Any supplements recommended are going to be specific to your results from the measurements, and you will only be recommended what will help you specifically.
What do I need to wear?
The callipers are sensitive enough to measure through clothing, so wear something light and comfortable. If you can, please avoid lycra (this can cause the callipers to slip) and racer back tops (they tend to interfere where we need to take your measurement).
Do I need to be a gym member?
No you don’t. I can see you in my Studio in South Brighton, no need to have a gym membership.
Do I need to exercise while doing Biosignature?
Like any health or wellness program, you will get the best results if you follow an exercise program designed to suit your hormonal profile. What do we mean when we say this?
Did you know that traditional cardio exercises like running or cycling can actually be counter productive to your weight loss goal if you suffer from high stress levels? It may be that yoga / pilates is going to suit your body best, or a weights program to build muscle and increase testosterone.
We can discuss what you are currently doing and the equipment that you have and with my 23 years of Personal Training experience we can get the right programme to suit you and give you the maximum results in the minimum time.