Chickpea, Feta and Carrot Fritters
Super quick and easy, the perfect snack or lunch/dinner, these chickpea, feta and carrot fritters may also be a way of sneaking veggies into your kids diets!
- 880g chickpeas (I soak and cook my own to avoid salt in the tins varieties)
- 4 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 300g Feta, chopped. Or for a lower fat option choose sweet corn kernels
- 4 eggs
- 100g rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sea salt, black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for shallow frying.
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork.
- Add carrot, coriander and feta/sweetcorn and mix together.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the carrot combo with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan over medium heat and add 2 large spoonfuls for each fritter. cook for 2-3 mins or until both sides are golden.
- Place on kitchen paper to soak away any excess oil and then serve with a lovely salad and slice of lemon.
Very yummy and easy to grab when on the go. I like to make a big batch and store them in the fridge for snacks when I am on the run, or to take in the car for breakfast.
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #healthyfood #healthysnacks #veggiefood #glutenfree