Pumpkin and Walnut Muffins
Healthy Pumpkin and Walnut Muffins, for a treat, snack or breakfast idea. I can’t resist these yummy muffins, so much so I have to freeze some after I make them so I don’t eat them all in one sitting!
- 1/2 cup grated raw pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees.
- Grate the pumpkin in a food processor (or squash, or sweet potato or carrots – get inventive here and use which ever veg tickles your fancy).
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and melt the coconut oil slowly in a pan over low heat.
- Mix egg and coconut oil with dry mixture and basil.
- If mixture is too dry add a little water
- Spoon into non stick silicon muffin trays and cook for 15-20 mins
- Serve warm with a blob of butter or cold.
YUM – Let me know what you think of this recipe and what you would like to see more of.
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #healthymuffins #muffins #pumpkinmuffin