Pilates Double leg stretch
The double leg stretch is a great exercise for strengthening and toning your abs. This is an advancement from the previous exercise that I blogged about – the single leg stretch.
- Start with your legs in table top and your spine in neutral.
- Reach your hands and legs away at the same time.
- Do not take your hands any further back than your head as you will feel increased pressure in your neck.
- Only take your legs as low as you can go with your back remaining still (don’t let it arch off the ground) and your abs staying pulled in (don’t let your abs dome out).
- For an easier option and explanation on how to switch on your pelvic floor and transverse abdominus then please read a previous article – The single leg stretch
To take part in a Pilates class here at Fitness Faster please contact Nicki on 0414544944, there are still some spaces available during the Thursday 9.15am class.
For more exercise challenges and descriptions then visit my News Blog page
#fitnessfaster @fitness_faster #pilates #pilatesstudio #pilatesclasses